Friday, September 21, 2007

MoveOn.Org Hits a Nerve


My, my, my Republicans, thou "dost protest too much."

-- From Hamlet (III, ii, 239)
Queen Gertrude speaks these famous words to her son, Prince Hamlet, while watching a play at court. Gertrude does not realize that Hamlet has staged this play to trap her and her new husband, King Claudius, whom Hamlet suspects of having murdered his father. She also does not realize that the lady who "doth protest too much" is actually herself, as the Player King and Queen represent King Hamlet and Queen Gertrude. The former will be poisoned (in this play within the play) by the king's brother, as in reality (Hamlet suspects) Claudius killed King Hamlet. Gertrude's statement is in response to the play-Queen's repetitive statements of loyalty to and love of her first husband.


Republicans voted to condemn this ad, yet they voted against condemning ads against other military personnel. Of course, those other military folks were Democrats.

Seems that the Republicans have proven once again that they're phoney hypocrites. No surprise.

Sign the Petition then Donate to MoveOn.org HERE: MoveOn



"I will not be quiet, I will fight back, and I will keep speaking out until Congress forces an exit plan for this awful war."

1 comment:

Chuck Miller said...

I could not agree more. I'm liking what you're posting. please continue. I invie you to have a look at my own blog:

http://drsivana99-bush-go-home-youre-fired.blogspot.com/